This is the day that they say is the hardest. I woke up pretty hungry and started making juice first thing this morning. I made up my own concoction and loved it. I call it Sweet Red Kale. It has three cups of kale, two medium apples, one orange, 1 1/3 cup of red cabbage, and 2/3 of a 2" beet. I was very proud to make up my own concoction and actually have it taste good. I didn't realize that leeks are like onions until I tried some last night. I bought a lot of it because it has a lot of calories, and now I am not sure what to do with it. I used some of it for my lunch drink today. I was going to take it to church, but I forgot it in the fridge. At church we took the sacrament (bread and water). It has all ready become unusual to chew food. I began to get really low in energy and felt very hungry. We didn't make it back home until around 13:40 and I was starving (even though I was really hungry, a small sniff of Mychelle's Snickers bar was enough to take away any temptation to eat one). I knew my lunch was going to be gross so I made sure to chug it fast. It was very hard to drink. It didn't taste good and it was oniony and peppery. I quickly began making a sweeter drink to counteract it. I used a recipe I found online and used pineapple instead of strawberries. It called for kiwis, but I forgot to put them in. It had 2 1/2 cups of kale, 1/2 lime, 2 apples, 1/3 cup of pineapple, and 3/4 cup of spinach. That drink tops it all as my most favorite yet! I feel much more tired and lethargic today. In my research of juicing I have found that you risk consuming higher amounts of sugar on a juice fast. Although it is the healthier complex carbs, juicing it takes away a lot of the insoluble fiber that helps slow down sugar uptake, preventing blood sugar spikes. When your blood sugar spikes you can become lethargic and dizzy. Mychelle asked if I thought it was healthy to keep doing this. I told it it was definitely not as bad as when I would eat ten of my famous Regina Tweed cookies in one sitting. I basically need to be more disciplined in keeping my juice at a 80/20 veggie to fruit ratio to prevent the high intake of sugar. Tomorrow I should be feeling like I have more energy. One thing is for sure - juice diets sure keep you from being dehydrated. Looking back so far I think the best things about this juice fast have been letting go of the desire to eat lots of foods, letting your taste buds get used to and like the taste of fruits and veggies, allowing your digestive system to take a rest from digesting gross things, and sticking to a healthy goal. I feel like I won't want to eat as big of portions and as much meat when I am done with this. I feel this has definitely been a good experience for me. Day three down, four more to go.
[Descargar Ver] Tere Mere Sapne (1971) Película Gratis En Espanol
-
Ver pelicula de Tere Mere Sapne 1971 online, the Tere Mere Sapne pelicula
ver latino, ver pelicula online Tere Mere Sapne en español gratisTere Mere
Sapne ...
5 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment